Billing Information

Thank you for choosing RadiantCare Radiation Oncology as your health care provider. We are committed to your treatment being successful.  Our Billing specialists work as patient advocates on your behalf and are available to answer questions you may have concerning your account.

BILLING AND INSURANCE

We participate with most major insurance companies and we will submit your claims for services to your insurance plan(s) as a courtesy. Please keep in mind that payment of your account is ultimately your responsibility, and we will look to you for payment if we are unsuccessful in obtaining reimbursement by your insurance(s). It is important that you notify us immediately if you have any insurance changes.

We do participate with Medicare and we will submit your claims for services. Because we accept assignment, Medicare will be paying our office directly. This means Medicare will pay 80% of all allowable charges and you will be responsible to pay the remaining 20% and the annual deductible. Please provide us with any additional insurance plan(s) you have. We may submit to them, which could reduce the amount you are personally responsible for.

You will receive a statement for which payment is due upon receipt. If your statement reflects an “insurance balance,” your claim is still pending payment. If your statement reflects a “patient balance,” this is the portion for which you are responsible. We strongly recommend your active involvement in the management of your account. When you receive your statement, compare it with your insurance explanation of benefits (EOB) to ensure that the balance is correct. If you see payment has not been received by your insurance company, you will need to contact them. In this way, we can work together to ensure insurance companies honor their part of the agreement.

In order to provide complete care, RadiantCare Radiation Oncology LLC is authorized to retain on my behalf, and as my agent, the professional medical services of radiation oncologists from RadiantCare Physicians PLLC. I understand that RadiantCare Radiation Oncology LLC will send me a single bill, for both the professional and technical services, and that I will submit my payment solely to RadiantCare Radiation Oncology LLC. RadiantCare Radiation Oncology LLC then will remit to RadiantCare Physicians PLLC payment for the professional services rendered.

USUAL AND CUSTOMARY

Our practice is committed to providing the best treatment to our patients and our fees are based on what is usual and customary for our area. You are responsible for payment regardless of any insurance company’s determination of usual and customary rates.

ASSIGNMENT OF BENEFITS

By signing an authorization release you agree to request that payment of insurance benefits, including Medicare, if you are a Medicare beneficiary, be made on your behalf to RadiantCare Radiation Oncology for services provided to you by RadiantCare Radiation Oncology.

This will also authorize the release of any medical or other information necessary to determine these benefits or the benefits payable for services to RadiantCare Radiation Oncology, the Health Care Financing Administration, your insurance carrier or other medical entity. A copy of this authorization will be made available to the Health Care Finance Administration, your insurance company or other entity if requested.

SELF PAY AND PAYMENT PLANS

We want to have financial policies that are reasonable and do not create undue hardship. If you need assistance, we will be happy to work with you to set up a flexible payment option. To arrange for this service, please ask to speak with a Billing Specialist or contact them by phone at 360-412-8968.

NON PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS

Accounts for which we are unable to collect the balance due will be referred to an outside collection agency.

PAYMENT METHODS

We realize medical expenses are often unexpected and difficult to plan for. We accept CASH, CHECK, MONEY ORDER, MASTERCARD, VISA, AMERICAN EXPRESS and DISCOVER.

If you are having a problem paying your account, we encourage you to talk with one of our Billing Specialists.

We charge a fee of $20.00 for each returned check.

If you have any questions about this financial policy or the billing process please contact one of our Billing Specialists at 360-412-8968.